Prime Minister Morrison made further announcements on Tuesday evening regarding closures to apply from 11:59pm Wednesday 25 March.
This list is from his media release. It is the most comprehensive list available.
The following businesses, premises or places must close – with exceptions noted:
- Auction houses
- Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, tattoo parlours
- Spa and massage parlours
- Casinos and gaming venues
- Strip clubs and brothels
- Amusement parks and arcades
- Play centres – indoor and outdoor
- Social sporting based activities
- Swimming pools
- Galleries, museums, national institutions, historic sites
- Libraries, community centres, youth centres
- Local government non-essential facilities and services
- Community facilities and halls including RSLs, community halls
- Health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre, spin, sauna, bathhouses, wellness centres
- Concert venues, theatres, arenas, auditoriums, stadiums
- Real Estate Auctions
Cafes must close except for takeaway service and home delivery
- Cafes or canteens at hospitals, care homes, schools, prison, military are exempt.
- Services providing food to homeless and workplace canteens can provide takeaway.
Food courts must close except delivery and takeaway can remain operational
Open house inspections must stop except private inspections can continue
Concert venues, theatres must close except live streaming of a performance by a small group could be permissible with social distancing observed
Community and recreation centres must close except facilities can remain open for the purpose of hosting essential volunteer or public services such as food banks or homelessness services
Boot camps and personal training inside must stop except outside groups of no more than 10 people can continue with social distancing observed
Places of worship must close except –
- Weddings – restricted to 5 people with 1 person per 4 metres
- Funerals – restricted to 10 people with 1 person per 4 metres
Can continue to operate
- Hair dressers and barbers with 30 minute appointments and 1 person per 4 square metres
- Open and indoor food markets will continue until further decisions by State Govt
- Hostels, hotels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, boarding houses will be decided by State Govt and will exclude permanent residents and workers
There is also an immediate ban on overseas travel to be brought into effect as soon as the paperwork is completed.
Exploitative purchases and sales of sanitiser and masks with be prohibited.
Further meetings will take place Wednesday 25 March.
2 thoughts on “Next stage of closures”
Thanks for your work. Good to have source information
It’s my pleasure. Hard times. We all pitch in however we can. Stay well.