Other closures announced March 25:
Non-urgent elective surgery
All non-urgent elective surgery will be suspended “until further notice” from midnight on March 26, due to the coronavirus.
Category 1 and 2 elective surgery will continue.
- Category 1 surgery is surgery recommended within 30 days.
- Category 2 is surgery recommended within 90 days.
- Category 3 surgery is recommended within 12 months.
Moonee Valley City Council
Maternal and Child Health Care Centres
“MVCC Maternal and Child Health Care Centres are now closed – however, appointments will continue over the phone or via electronic consultation (facetime or skype).
If you’ve got an upcoming appointment someone from Council will be in touch to talk you through how this will work.
If required, MVCC nurses may be able to schedule a centre visit, but they will be under 15 minutes.”
Closures coming into force today
Prime Minister Morrison made further announcements on Tuesday evening regarding closures to apply from 11:59pm Wednesday 25 March.
This list is from his media release. It is the most comprehensive list available.
The following businesses, premises or places must close – with exceptions noted:
- Auction houses
- Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail salons, tattoo parlours
- Spa and massage parlours
- Casinos and gaming venues
- Strip clubs and brothels
- Amusement parks and arcades
- Play centres – indoor and outdoor
- Social sporting based activities
- Swimming pools
- Galleries, museums, national institutions, historic sites
- Libraries, community centres, youth centres
- Local government non-essential facilities and services
- Community facilities and halls including RSLs, community halls
- Health clubs, fitness centres, yoga, barre, spin, sauna, bathhouses, wellness centres
- Concert venues, theatres, arenas, auditoriums, stadiums
- Real Estate Auctions
Cafes must close except for takeaway service and home delivery
- Cafes or canteens at hospitals, care homes, schools, prison, military are exempt.
- Services providing food to homeless and workplace canteens can provide takeaway.
Food courts must close except delivery and takeaway can remain operational
Open house inspections must stop except private inspections can continue
Concert venues, theatres must close except live streaming of a performance by a small group could be permissible with social distancing observed
Community and recreation centres must close except facilities can remain open for the purpose of hosting essential volunteer or public services such as food banks or homelessness services
Boot camps and personal training inside must stop except outside groups of no more than 10 people can continue with social distancing observed
Places of worship must close except –
- Weddings – restricted to 5 people with 1 person per 4 metres
- Funerals – restricted to 10 people with 1 person per 4 metres
Can continue to operate
- Hair dressers and barbers with 30 minute appointments and 1 person per 4 square metres
- Open and indoor food markets will continue until further decisions by State Govt
- Hostels, hotels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, boarding houses will be decided by State Govt and will exclude permanent residents and workers
There is also an immediate ban on overseas travel to be brought into effect.