I’ll be turning up tonight to ask a couple of questions about the Debney’s Park and Flemington HUB consultation. I understand quite a few other people have questions for Council tonight. The agenda items are listed below. I’ll be there to ‘blog’ how it all goes.
The highlights from this meeting include:
– MV Council agreeing (4/3) to the federal government’s stipulation that a Citizenship Ceremony be held on 26 January as an Australia Day event. Several councillors criticised the officer’s report for not providing details about this requirement;
– a 30 minute debate on an urgent motion to ensure MVCC’s International Women’s Day events have women speakers (6/1); and
– the seemingly common-place governance debates.
Happy new year! MVCC’s first meeting is this Tuesday, 29 January. Here’s the Agenda.
At the final Council meeting of the year, MVCC is prosing to defund two crossing supervisors in Flemington.
Back to business: MV Council meeting tonight.
MVBlog won’t be able to be there in person, but will report from the recording post-event.
What’s on tonight’s agenda for Council:
– relocating the Depot
– traffic counts in McPhail and Sherbourne Strs
– lower charges for Quinn Grove soccer
The statutory meeting tonight has been attended by about 30 people in fluoro vests – from the depot and concerned about a proposal to move the depot out of the Valley. More about that later. All councillors are present for the vote for a new Mayor and Deputy. Just to put it out there, my…