Moonee Valley councillors have denied new local laws ban ‘begging’ despite a council officer report stating the 2018 General Local Laws prohibit begging within the municipality.
I’ve asked some questions of council today and have been left very confused about what exactly Moonee Valley is proposing with respect to begging and on-street charity “spruiking” and collecting.
I look forward to being enlightened as I sit at home tonight and watch the meeting via live streaming.
Council is set to outlaw begging and on-street charity collecting in Moonee Valley. What a heartless proposal.
A summary of Council’s agenda for 12 June, and a summary of Budget submissions 5 June.
– writing to State Govt re Airport Rail thought to be honest I’m not sure what MVCC’s position is on the route, except they want to be ‘at the table’;
– writing to DHHS re Flemington estate redevelopment;
– buying land;
– approving Master Plans;
– looking at spending $30M on 6 highball courts at Quinn Grove;
– spending a few million on netball courts at Fairbairn;
– becoming smart;
– wanting more electric cars and charges;
– telling everyone if they’re a member of a political party.
The blog is trying something new.
The agenda for Council meetings is revealed on the Friday before the meeting (today).
To assist residents, here’s a synopsis of what’s on the agenda.
I can’t make it to the Public Forum tonight at 6pm.
Here’s a speech from the rally held at the Ascot Vale Housing Estate on 2 May this year.
Happy birthday MV Blog!
It’s one year since I began the process of documenting MV Council meetings and writing feature pieces on controversial decisions affecting our community.